Are you always looking for the nearest bathroom? Or does excessive gas keep you from leaving your home and enjoying life? If you have been suffering with constipation or diarrhea, gas or bloating, or any combination deferred to as Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), then digestive restoration is for you.
A comprehensive digestive evaluation is required to understand what the underlying cause and dis-ease of your gut is and how to heal it accordingly. Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is not a diagnosis – it is simply a catch-all term for the symptoms listed above without any good solutions. We use functional laboratory testing to determine what is causing your symptoms and then treat the real issue so you can become confident and regular once again.
Common signs or symptoms
- Abdominal pain
- Abdominal gas or bloating
- Acid reflux or heart burn
- Brain fog, poor memory, reduced concentration, poor focus
- Constipation or diarrhea<
- Excessive burping or flatulence
- Food allergies or food intolerances
- Skin problems: acne, rosacea, eczema, psoriasis & other rashes or itching
- Anxiety and depression, or other mood disorders
- Headaches or migraines
- Yeast overgrowth
- Difficult losing weight, despite a balanced diet and exercise
- Lack of appetite or lethargy after eating
- Environmental allergies (grass, pollen, etc.) or asthma
- Hormonal imbalances (painful heavy menses, PMS, PCOS, etc.)
- Autoimmune conditions: celiac disease, Hashimoto’s hypothyroid, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, MS, psoriasis, and others
- Chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia
If you have any of the ailments above, your digestive tract is need of some medical attention and would benefit from a comprehensive digestive evaluation. Good digestive health is critical for optimal immune function and so dysbiosis or imbalance of bacteria in our GI tracts can lead to autoimmunity. A healthy gut is critical for all organ systems in the body as everything is intimately connected. The nervous system (which uses out GI tract as a “second brain,” the endocrine system with all its hormonal interplays, ones metabolism, and overall immunity.
Restore your digestive function today so you can have more energy, lose weight, and return to optimal health.
Natural digestive restoration & the 5R’s
There are 5 primary goals of the 5R program for digestive restoration:
- Address dietary and lifestyle changes via testing, education, and targeted dietary choices.
- Normalize digestion and absorption.
- Normalize the balance of gastrointestinal bacteria.
- Promote a balanced system of detoxification.
- Promote gastrointestinal healing.
A full 5R Program takes approximately three to six months to complete. It is very important that you are prepared to implement the somewhat demanding dietary changes of the program, as without the dietary component you can not achieve anywhere near the maximum of therapeutic benefits.
We help patients restore digestive function and heal their tummies through the 5R program effectively for many health concerns. Often patients will experience such an improvement in symptoms that medications are no longer required and chronic symptoms may resolve entirely.
We remove any stressors and eliminate agents that negatively affect your GI tract including parasites, Candida, SIBO, insufficiency dysbiosis, or other bacterial overgrowths. We often test for food allergies, food sensitivities, and gluten sensitivity via a blood test for IgG and IGE antibodies. When required, we will address treatment-resistant infections due to biofilm formation, which may underlie chronic digestive issues using advanced therapies such as IV nutrients, and potent anti-microbial botanicals and antioxidants.
We add back digestive aids that may be deficient like digestive enzymes, hydrochloric acid, or bile acids, which are needed from proper digestion. Over time, we will the body return to its own production of these missing agents.
We Help beneficial bacteria flourish by taking in probiotic foods or supplements that contain “good” bacteria such as bifidobacteria and lactobacillus species, as well as by consuming the high soluble fibre foods that good bugs like to eat, called “prebiotics.”
The lining of your GI tract has likely been weakened or damaged due to infection, inflammation or otherwise, causing a condition called intestinal permeability or leaky gut. Leaky gut creates a confused immune system and takes time to repair. Supplying key nutrients such as Vitamin A, Zinc, Quercetin and the Amino Acid Glutamine allows the cells in our digestive tract to repair and rebuild their integrity.
Becoming present and in the moment once again. Our rest, sleep, exercise, stress levels, and eating habits all impact our digestive function. They all play a part on our parasympathetic nervous system, which influences our digestive capacity and overall digestive health.
In using our 5R approach for digestive restoration, we have success in treating many of these common symptoms and conditions:
- Acne, rosacea, and psoriasis
- Anemia and nutrient deficiencies
- Asthma and allergies
- Autoimmune conditions
- Brain fog and poor concentration or memory loss
- Candida or yeast overgrowth
- Celiac disease or Gluten IgG sensitivity or Gluten IgE Allergy
- Constipation or diarrhea or both → Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Cravings for sugars or carbohydrates
- Diverticulosis and diverticulitis
- Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Food allergies and sensitivities
- Gas, bloating, and abdominal pain
- H. Pylori infections or ulcers (stomach, intestinal)
- Headaches or migraines
- Irritable Bowel Disease (Crohn’s and Ulcerative Colitis)
- Joint pain or arthritis
- Leaky gut, or intestinal permeability
- Restless leg syndrome
- Small Intestinal Bacteria Overgrowth (SIBO)
Leaky gut syndrome, intestinal permeability and digestive dysregulation are so common and patients walk into our office every day presenting with some form of this. By identifying the underlying issues and following the 5R’s, patients are able to feel relief from symptoms and finally understand what it feels like to be healthy again!